How to take LUN Snapshots from the EMC Unity Storage
- Unity snapshots allow administrators to manage block and file snapshots uniformly using the same architecture, operations, and workflows. Redirect-on-write technology is used for all storage resources, eliminating the need for a save volume or copying snapped data away before overwriting data, improving efficiency.
- The following is the operation of Unity LUN snapshots creation. Firstly pre-define your snapshot schedule.
- Then you can create Unity snapshot manually or by pre-defined schedule. This operation is that create snapshot on Unity by manually, and configure retention policy of this snapshot.
- This operation is that create the snapshot on Unity by pre-defined schedule.
- After create LUN snapshots, you can apply “Restore”, “Attach to host” and “Copy” operation on LUN snapshots.